The Silk Road Dunhuang Hotel (Dunhuangshanzhuang Gansu) is a 4-star holiday hotel founded in 1995. It is situated against the back of the picturesque Mingsha Sand Dunes. The hotel captures the spirit of the Tang Dynasty with its unique architectural design - the large rooftops and long corridors of the Han and Tang dynasties; the typical enclosed courtyard style design and mud walls of the northwestern part of China; and the replica of the late Tang, Ming and Qing dynasties furniture. All these work together to recapture the flavor of a bygone era with their simplicity and use of natural building materials.
Opened in 1995 and remodeled in 2012, the 3-story hotel features 234 guest rooms and suites.
Location & Transportation
- 400 meters to Leiyin Temple;
- 2 km to Mingsha Mountain, Yueyaquan Scenic Spot;
- 5 km to Dunhuang Walking Street;
- 13 km to Dunhuang Railway Station;
- 15 km to Dunhuang Airport;
- 27 km to Mogaoku Scenic Spot.
Fengyi restaurant (Sichuan, Cantonese and local cuisines), Fengshi restaurant (Western pastry), Fengle restaurant, Zhaixing restaurant (Chinese and Western pastries)
Fitness center, game room, sauna, massage, ping-pong room, billiards room
The room rate includes the service fee but excludes other hotel charges, taxes and fees resulting from special requests.
The regular time for check-in is 14:00 and the regular check-out time is 12:00 noon. If you need to check in earlier or extend your stay, the hotel may charge an extra fee. (All times shown are GMT + 8 hours.)
1. Simple, Special or Complex Requests
If you have any simple, special, or complex traveling request, just email us your wishes. We will plan it out and give you a quotation.
2. Are your hotel rates per room or per person?
All of our listed rates are per room, NOT per person.
3. Do I need a credit card to make a hotel reservation? In most cases, no upfront payment is required to book a hotel with us. After your booking has been confirmed, you can pay the hotel directly upon check out.
During peak season, festivals or large-scale exhibitions, hotel rooms are in great demand and the hotel may change its booking policy. You might be required to submit your credit card information to guarantee your room. If you fail to check in on time or at all to your booked number of rooms, charges will be deducted from your credit card according to the individual hotel policy.
4. How to make payment
The hotel room rate can be settled directly to the hotel upon you check-in. You can pay by credit card or cash.